top of page

Group

Public·19 members

Water and Wastewater Engineering: A Comprehensive Guide Based on the Classic Text by Fair, Geyer, and Okun

The book is a very well-written, not only by Fair, Geyer, and Okun, and intelligently edited by Neena Skenderi and with the author's enormous experience on the subject, which is really the root of smart & sustainable cities. Some chapters seem redundant to me to be true, which may be based on authors' passion and their circle of friends. He describes the academic achievements in the subject of urban planning of Nazih. When I look at the book cover, I feel it is an ensemble of the city planning strategies and measures taken globally and redefining the smart & sustainable answer in Indian context. A little further I read the book and I couldn't imagine myself to read the book cover as long as I would read the book. The book is very informative, well-written, not too long and very clearly written so that people can read and understand without difficulty. I do not have any particular problem in reading the book.

Fair, Geyer, And Okun's, Water And Wastewater Engineering: Water Supply And Wastewater Removal Nazih

The book starts with practicalities and explains theoretical knowledge thats valuable. The language is simple and easy to understand, yet is comprehensive enough to keep the readers attention and encourage him to continue reading, and the many examples help reinforce important concepts. In addition, the use of current practices enables the reader to apply the information to practical situations without the need to develop the knowledge from scratch. There are a variety of tables and figures that complement the text, illustrating principles and concepts. A glossary of terms is also provided to help explain concepts and terms.

The book is divided into eight chapters: Evolution of Human Settlements, Global Green Walkable Cities, Transformation of National Capital of India, Existing Sustainable Indian Cities, Futuristic, Smart and Sustainable Cities, Intermodality and Last Mile Connectivity, New Smart Cities and Sustainable Indian Smart Cities. As title suggest, Chapter 1 states Evolution of human settlement right from the prehistoric period to till date; journey travelled through early civilizations. Chapter 2 briefs the concepts used in global green cities like London, Paris, and Barcelona with measures taken to make it more walkable, cyclable and livable cities in the world. Chapter 3 describes the transformation of 1000 years old Indian capital Delhi. The challenges it faces over a period of time and why it is one of the least sustainable cities of the globe. The deteriorating environmental and living issues are minutely examined and author eloquently proposes mitigation and remedies at micro level. Chapter 4 takes us to proven passive strategies and concepts used in the planning of ancient Jaipur city and contemporary Chandigarh city.

About

Welcome to the group! You can connect with other members, ge...
Group Page: Groups_SingleGroup
bottom of page